Saturday, December 3, 2016

Drawing Collection

Title: Hand Me Downs
Dimensions: 3ft x 4ft
Medium: Paper, Pressed Flowers, Tea, Ink, Wax, Wood, Coffee Grounds, Tracing Paper, Conte Crayon, Pen, Acrylic, Gouache, Hair, Book Page, Ashes.


 Detail Images


Artist Statement: We started this assignment with a series of in class experiments. I responded to those and made more and got much of my inspiration from my mother and my pressed flower book. I remember my mother teaching me to preserve bouquets of flowers she received from various bf's/friends using Aqua net and hanging them upside down or pressing them in a book. A few years ago my best friend gifted me a flower pressing book that she already had started filling with flowers. As people have given me flowers, I have steadily been pressing them. I like saving these gifts much more than throwing them away. I always cherish when someone gifts me with flowers, potted or cut. My mom is also a fan of coffee, tea, incense, and gardening, so I felt this collection was really a collection of memories of my mother, and the memories of those who gave me the flowers in the first place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment